CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Big Picture

As of Friday I will officially consider myself a lifeguard. I could right now, the uniform is laying out waiting for Friday to come! But I don't because right now i have only been taught how to be one, haven't actually done any of it.

Anyway...just learning about it has reminded me of just one part of God's big plan for me! He knows why!

Here's the thing, I know the rules of the park where I will be a lifeguard. I know why you go down slides a certain way. I know why you can't wear shoes or certain types of shirts and pants. I know why you go with the current in the lazy river and not against it. I know these things because I have been told.

My customers might not always know. I may tell them to take off their sunglasses before going down a slide and they might get mad, but I know it's for their safety. I might have to tell them their child is too small to ride, I know it's for their safety. I know the big picture, they can only see their desire to keep their sunglasses on and their child to ride a slide.

So often I get angry at God because something happens that I don't "agree" with. My desires, fears, pride, selfishness, insecurities...whatever part of my sinful nature is tickled gets in the way and I call God crazy.

I forget that He knows! He knows why I leave places. He knows why other people leave. He knows why we need to learn a certain lesson through a difficult time. He knows the big picture.

I almost hate to go back to it because it is still so overused in my opinion, but it fits so well!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

He has our best in mind every second of every minute of every hour of every day of the rest of our lives! Our best, because when we dive in and grab hold of the best God has for us, He is glorified!

Glorify God, pursue his will, fall into His plan!

1 comments:

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Great analogy! Thanks for the reminder. We somehow need it often. :)