Today is my grandmother's birthday! To celebrate we went to the art festival that sets up near our city every year. I had only been one or two other times, didn't enjoy it anymore than the rest. In fact, since I had not taken my allergy pill last night I sneezed most of the afternoon!
Anyhow, when we first got there we had to cross the bridge over the river/pond (not positive what it classifies as, probably river) at the park the festival is in. My dad saw some ducks in the road, and being as much an animal lover as I am, decided to try and herd them back onto the sidewalk. As he did the male duck made a sound like he was trying to quack. Only it sounded more like air just escaping his throat. In all seriousness, and without really thinking about it, I looked right at the duck and questioned, "Is your quacker broken?" My sister and I got a good laugh, although I'm not sure what made her laugh. I laughed because she did!
The thing is, I can not begin to imagine being a duck without a quack. It is just like being a human without a voice or any way of communication. Communication is so important to who we are and most of all it is important to spreading the Gospel of truth as we are commanded to do.
Most of the time my attempts at evangelizing end up more like air just escaping my throat. I am so nervous that my words have no passion or purpose. I rely on myself to say just the right thing that there is no power behind them and only fear. I am worse than the duck with no quack!
When we follow God's direction in our evangelizing, and rely on Him to give us the words to say we have passion, purpose, and power behind us. We become more effective at communicating the wonders of God's love for us. We can easily show others the power Christ has given us. We are not just ducks without a quack, we have a strong voice, that is life-giving, to share with others.
I love this passage when God tells Moses he is the one who will free the Israelites. It really gets to the heart of the matter!
"Moses said to the Lord, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." The Lord said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." Exodus 4:10-12
The last sentence is key! God is the same yesterday, today, and forever He will still help us speak and will teach us what to say! Now hopefully I can find ways to walk in this truth in my life! Will you look for ways in yours?
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




1 comments:
Love it!!! I want the passion, and power of Christ when I share His name!!!
Post a Comment