God has really been opening my eyes to the people around me and how I treat them. I'm on some shaky territory with a couple of my friends, and it is probably very normal considering we are all in such huge transition times! It is through this time that God has really been convicting, revealing, and transforming my thoughts and actions toward others!
I have been working on respecting my managers with my words and actions not just one or the other. I have been learning that God accepts imperfect people, I need to as well. I have been led to scriptures about serving others, loving others, and forgiving others. Icing on the cake...my pastor talked about serving others on Sunday! I mean God is really serious about me getting this!
As selfish as I have been during this time (believe me the have been plenty of "me" moments), my heart still breaks for those around me. I will admit to often feeling like no one wants to listen to me, no one cares about me, etc. I go through the thought process at least once a week still and it is something that I will probably have to overcome every week for the rest of my life. The problem I see is in Galatians we are told to carry each others burdens. Go check it out for yourself in Galatians 6...just read the whole thing. While you are at it read chapter 5 too!
We are commanded to love others so many times in the Bible, yet when I look around at the way Christians treat those inside and outside the church, I hurt. People walk into church and become something they are not, usually because they are so sure that if people saw who they really were, they would turn them away. The way I see it, they are probably right.
So many times as Christians we get this idea that we are "holier than thou." I think the truth is we are often worse off. We know the truth, and we turn from it. We have the grace, and we run the other way. We have the answers, but refuse to hear the question in our own heart! We can't even take care of ourselves, much less anyone else! Love your neighbor as yourself cannot be a reality until we give ourselves to God and let Him open our eyes to the beauty of who we are.
We are sinners.
We make mistakes.
But GOD in His extravagant love and mercy said, "I want them!"
We are forgiven.
We are holy.
We are dearly loved.
We are complete in Him.
We are His children!
In His eyes, we are perfect.
Until we grasp that truth, we cannot begin to share it with those around us. We need to come to a place of humbleness so we can allow God to mold us into who we are. He is our identity!
I cannot be what God has called me to be for others, until I know who I am. I cannot build others up, until I stop putting myself down. I cannot love them, until I love who God has made me.
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




1 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Love you, too!!!
Post a Comment