Well I want to take this chance to say hi to everyone. I would take time and explain the many details about me, but honestly you'll discover enough if you continue to read each blog I post. Real quick though you will find that I relate things often to music and books and sometimes science (mostly chemistry). These are all passions of mine and God usually revelas things to me through one of these avenues.
As for the second part of my title...saying goodbye. In 7 days my junior year of high school will be over! This means an entire summer away from everything I've come to know for the past 9 months. it's the time with friendships are tested because you don't see each other everyday. Some are not just tested for the summer, but for the rest of your life. I know last year I had 3 seniors that I was really close to leave. Fortunatly they all go to colleges nearby and can still attend choir concerts and we can all find time to at least make a phone call. Most of this comes from our determination that we would remain close and that decision is the best I ever made. This year I don't know enugh seniors to be sad about them leaving, but now I have 5 teachers leaving. I'm really sad about this, but understand that God has a plan in mind for each of them. The hardest one is my chemistry teacher. I've always enjoyed chemistry (I took a semester of intro. in 8th grade) but she made it even more fun and interesting! The most exciting part was when I found out that she was a Christian. Throughout all of my 10th grade year I spent everyday after school in her room just so I would have something to do. I always wondered why she never tired of me and told me to go away for a week, but she never did she always smiled and held conversations for hours at times. This year I haven't been there as much...mostly because of busy schedules. Everytime I'm in her room it's always interesting...even if the topic is heavy at first we still find something to laugh at. She's been a listening ear that when everything falls apart around me and I can talk to her and come away feeling uplifted. She really cares about all her students...and encourages each and every one of us when we need it. I know so many times when I try out for something and don't make it (which is everything since I've known her) she gets just as upset about as I do and tells that they were wrong for not choosing me because I'm to great for them to see it.
Her encouragement and teaching have made me desire to teach more than any teacher ever. I've wanted to be a teacher since kindergarten and my deisre has only grown as I've gotten older. I want to one day encourage students like my chemistry teacher has me. I want to be someone they can trust and talk to and know will do her best to understand even if all she can do is listen and be available. God's given me a special love for people and an empathy to help those who hurt and rejoice with those who are happy. God's got a plan in all of this and even though I may not feel like I'm ready for her to leave...I know that God has it all worked out and will never give me more than I can bear. She will be missed...she will always be loved and remembered.
Quote: "How lucky I am to have something so good, it makes saying goodbye so difficult"
- Unknown
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




3 comments:
Love it!!!
CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Girl, whats up!? I love that quote and I can totally relate to what you are saying. And I just want to say I'm totally stoked that you have a blog! :D :D Just another way to keep in touch my friend!
LOVE you and praying for you!
~standing on His Promise~
CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GIRL, I'm so stoked that you have a blog and I totally lovethat quote and can totally relate. I look forward to hearing more from you my friend!
~standing on His Promise~
Post a Comment