Ok well that's more just an interesting title because there are several things to talk about so the road is winding. First of a guy update...yeah I've still got it bad. Just thinking of his name and last Sunday make my stomach leap from it's resting place. I don't get it though...I don't get this way over guys. There's one guy that i've liked for eight years, but i guess at this point eight years without even being friends is just to long. I used to get this way over him, but I can't remember that last time I saw him and really just wanted to fall over...maybe as long as a year or two. I keep trying to find a way to convince my parents that we should go to my grands house to visit Sunday...but of course they know my underlying motive so it might not happen.
Ok well enough about that otherwise I'll start getting weird and smiling to much at my computer. NGSTRONG has a party coming up next Saturday! I'm excited about that!! It's going to be fun and hopefully I can meet some of these people that attend so that I can know them!!
Oh and I can't forget my funny story!! Yesterday I had Government first period like I do every 'B' day. My friend (also my VP) has some other history class (idk which...I think it's World...) right next to mine. Ususally we stand right between the two classes and talk for a little bit. Our school has this new thing that when we have 2 mins to get to class they play music for 1 min. (We used to just a bell that went choo choo like a train) On normal days we talk and then we the music comes on we either listen to it or continue talking. However once the music goes off we head into our respective classrooms. Well yesterday we never heard the music or anyone say the music was on. (my explantation is it never played) The bell rings and we give each other one last "OH SNAP" look and head off to class. I take two big steps to the room and then stop right before walking in like nothing had happened. No one noticed...and the attention wasn't really on me cuz like two other people walked in after me and half the class never showed up!! So I chose a good day to not listen to the music. Despite being late I managed to stay out of tardy rac and thus continue my record of 4 years without tardy rac...however if I keep this up I could blow it! From now on I'll listen more closely!!
So Tuesday I don't get to speak at NGSTRONG...but that's ok I passed it on to my VP for a week. I don't want to speak every week anyway so it's time for someone else to do it!! I know it'll be great and I look forward to listening for once instead of asking the questions! However the week after that I'm looking at speaking on Seeking God Through the Hurt...but really I don't know how to do it. I'm considering having it be that I read a verse or two tell a little story and then spend the rest of the time in prayer. If I do it that way I want it to be that they take about 5 mins by themselves in the room and just talk to God. Whether they pray about something that hurts or they ask him to revel himself to them or they just take time to listen to God speak to thier lives...I want them to have a chance to cry out to God if they need to. Then I thought about having them find a friend or a couple of friends and praying together and for each other. It's kind hard to explain...it's in my head but I really don't know. So for those of you reading...let me know what you think. DO you think they will benefit if taken seriously? Do you think it could be the first step in healing for even just one person? Should I go with it or maybe find something else? I don't know God's just really laid it on my heart that these people are hurting...and I'm no exception...and they need a chance to encounter God and his healing power. But I'm not sure how to present that power to them except through prayer. So let me know...either leave me a comment or email me or something just let me know please (said so innocently).
Quote: "The enticing and exciting love the world offers is just a feeble counterfeit of the deep and powerful romance that God created." - Brienne Murk in her book Eyes Wide Open
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




1 comments:
I think the 'plan' sounds good...the one for NG, not to go to the grands!!!
I love you, daughter!!!
Post a Comment