CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Finally a New One...lol!

So I'm finally finding time to write a new blog!! For once all my NGSTRONG stuff is done for tomorrow and I have no homework to do!!!

So some exciting things have been happening lately. We had our NGSTRONG party on Saturday where we literally dubed the officers! We had fun doing it too! I had 3 marriage propsals all of which I had to turn down. Sad part is two of them were girls! I love these guys, really I do, but not like that :) We had crowns and everything that my VP put on them after I dubed them. One of our sponsors dubed me president, which because of a comment I made when a girl asked who would dub me I responded "God", he came up an exclaimed "Well I'm not God, though some have made this mistake of thinking so, not not really." You know we take our faith and beliefs seriuosly, but we also have lots of fun because we only have one life, why not enjoy it now?!

After the party my sister, my VP and I went shopping. We went to Mardel where my VP and I hung out in the books and talked and read funny books like Things You Can't Ask Your Mama About Sex to which the cover featured questions like "What does God things about ---- stars?" the other word was literally scratched out and we had a good laugh about the poor messed up kid who might acutally ask that worried that they might come away thinking the stars they are thinking of might be good and pretty. What a world we live in.

Tomorrow in NGSTRONG we are going to take a day and just pray about things going on in our life. I know that sometimes taking that first step to healing or asking God forgiveness can be super hard, so I want to give them that chance to take the first step to a journey that will change their life. It changed mine! Hopefully they will get something out of it and can come away feeling like God really can do something in their life.

For those who haven't noticed, I'm graudate in less than 230 days!! I find it funny that all summer I whined and complained about having another year of high school. I was mad at God for making me stay back a year in first grade, I was upset over quitting basketball, not making the things I tried out for, and all of my teachers leaving. Of course God knew the whole time that there was a reaon. And through it all I now have a group of 45 kids that I get to lead!! Now I'm so enjoying my senior year the thought of it ever ending it so very sad!! Knowing that when I leave I will no longer see my Vp as much...but I will not go without seeing her ever again (I think I would become depressed over losing such an amazing friend!) So now I am patiently waiting for that countdown to get to 0...hoping it will go slower than so many claim it does!

Okay I think I'm done! That's my randomness for the time being!!

Quote: " The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken. Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned. The Lord redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him." - Psalm 34: 18-22

0 comments: