So if you read a few post back about my guitar fear...here's the update.
I have successfully learned 4 new chords. My friend is teaching to play I'm Trading My Sorrows and she's shown me the four chords and once I clean up my transitions I will learn the strum pattern and be on my way to playing a full song!!!! It's all very exciting. And she's a great teacher. She actually asked me if I had practiced...no one ever ask me anything like that...ever...but I have been my fingers are starting to get those callouses!!
So in the end I was able to pick it up. I tried to teach myself...but when I asked how to do one chord she stepped up and said she would show me not only that one, but any others I needed help with. So now I am learning and kinda sounding good. I can at least make a clean sound with a chord.
I am also getting through other things. I have actually called people on the phone! I have been totally open to certain people that still love me even after they found out all my secrets!! And I'm learning that it's okay to not be perfect (and for those who don't know I tend to be a perfectionist). I'm learning that just because one person may feel like I'm falling short...doesn't mean that I really am. And I'm getting help with how to relate to my dad again. I was feeling kida down with my sister getting to go to a counselor and the one I had just left (it's understandable why though) and I no longer had someone to just talk to. But now I have and I feel better and although somethings still hurt...I feel better just knowing that someone knows.
So I'm healing...I'm learning...I'm growing. It has to hurt some otherwise it would never heal. Ah I'm hyper and bored...and desperately need somewhere to channel this energy!! But I get to go to work tomorrow!!!!!! :) :) :) That makes me happy!! :D :D
I will talk to you guys later!!
Quote: "Shy is a lie!" - Rev. Spike
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




1 comments:
Yeah!!!! Good for you! I'm so proud. Stick with it and I hope you post an audio of yourself strumming that song. I would love to hear it.
Post a Comment