So I kinda abandoned my blog for awhile! I'm not sure why...I didn't stop writing! I used Facebook Notes more (granted I know more of my friends read that than this) but for those of you not on Facebook...you've been missing out!
First of all camp was 2 weeks ago! It was my first camp with my new church. It was also my last camp as a student. So it was a trying time for me as I found myself missing my old church people and trying to find a place with this new church. It kinda hurt and I sadly hurt one of my greatest friends because I was hurt...but we got it worked out and I made sure I apologized! So I got through it and grew because of it!
Camp was awesome...learned a lot. But this year was different in that I actually learned more when I came home. I dove deep into the Word, I was seeking hard after God, and still am, I wanted so much more!! It was really awesome as I discovered things that needed to be taken care of, sins that had been hidden...whatever I just kept growing. I went through a dry spell within days of returning...reading my Bible was an extreme challenge and my head was flooded with questions and confusion. I was able to push through and though not on a "high" I am no longer constantly fighting a state of lethargy! (not sure if that's a word...oh well)
So that was that...next in my life...my first missions trip!! I leave in 11 days for Barranquilla, Colombia!! I am super excited...but it just became real today! I got an email from a lady at church telling those of us going that the commissioning was going to be this coming Sunday and we needed to be there near the end of both services if possible! And suddenly it hit me...I am going to a foreign country really soon! I started to freak out as I thought of all the things that haven't been done and that I need to start considering packing...it was crazy my mind just took off! Yet in a more calm fashion I got one shopping trip completed, I broke down and signed up for Twitter so I at least attempt quick updates for everyone, and I got some things together.
Wow...it's a little crazy!! However I am learning that God has a perfect plan, has my life under control even when I feel like it's out of control, and that it's always better when I leave it up to him!! All in all...my life is great. I'm learning, I'm writing, I'm growing...and at times I'm hurting...but I'm also healing. And I'm leaving my life in God's hands cuz he won't mess it up like I will!!! :)
Quote: "Life is like a puzzle...and only God knows where the pieces fit perfectly without trying every side!" -Someone may have said it...otherwise I made it up
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment