We all have dreams. There are those dreams in the night, occurring only when asleep. Good ones that include dancing around to good music. Weird ones that find you dancing to good music surrounded by bunnies, butterflies, and rainbows in the sky. Bad ones that wake you up. Then there are those that you forget...don't try to remember, it will never work!
Of course there are those day dreams, the ones that occur when you are awake and supposed to pay attention to that teacher go on and on about x=5 and y=7...blah blah blah. You might day dream about that crush you've had for a week. Dreaming up exactly how you will respond when he magically asks you out. Or it could be about those presents you want so badly for your birthday in 364 days. Or it could just be about you in a pasture, teacher invisible, and sound unhearable (not sure that's a word), no more math!
Dreams are a part of our everyday lives, even if we don't remember them.
What about those others dreams? The ones that can effect the course of our lives. That dream to be an astronaut, veterinarian, doctor, rock star, actor/actress, pilot, firefighter, etc. Sometimes we lose sight of those dreams. We find out what it's really all about and suddenly no more veterinarian. We lose interest as the idea of being in space just doesn't sound as great. The worse though is when we declare it impossible. Sometimes it probably is, like if your voice is really bad or your acting skills need more work. Sometimes it's just not in the plan God has for us, but what we get is better than our childhood dream! But what if that childhood dream has even a chance of becoming reality?
Cue story:
I grew up loving music. My mom often tells the story of me being 2 and singing a (questionable) Reba song. I would dance at an age as young as 6-10 months I believe. My freshman year I joined choir. My director was quickly impressed with my ability and taught me well. By my sophomore year I was in A Capella with the best of them! But despite my love for music, I wasn't ready to give it a chance as a career. I wanted to teach, but teaching choir scared me. I was determined not to make it as a singer, there were so many that were better than me. My childhood dream of music anything was crushed by my own insecurities. I decided to dream safely. Be a teacher, with a 4-year degree making it impossible to fail, or so I thought.
By spring of my senior year I knew teaching was not for me. I loved being a part of others lives. I love pouring into those younger than me. But teaching would not satisfy my desire to see others grow spiritually...too many regulations and such. So I gave it up. Desire left me and I began to pray. I turned to God to give me His dreams. I pleaded with Him to make my next step clear to me. Within months my desire for the sensible and secure were replaced by this overwhelming desire to serve Him in everything! My call to ministry that I heard about 6 years back, was becoming something I actually saw as feasible.
I'm waiting to hear back from CFNI so they will tell me if I have been accepted or not. But really guys, this is amazing!! Just knowing that God has called me to ministry and beyond that I get to use my love for music too! It excites me to think I could stand in front of 2 people or 200 people (or even more) and lead people into His presence. The thought thrills me, in more ways than I can explain. So when you think about that next step. Seek after God's dream, the reality may surprise you...even if it goes differently than you expect. It cheesy but it applies here too: If He has called you to it, He'll get ya through it!
So grab hold of God and dream on with Him!! The results are irresistible...just cause you get to know Him more!
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment