I have recently fallen in love with the song "Our God" by Chris Tomlin! I always enjoyed it, but one day I was feeling down and this song came on the radio. I turned it up louder than normal for me and just let the truth of the words wash over me.
My eight minute drive to work was filled with about 4 1/2 minutes of jamming out to this song...and I was so refreshed! I grabbed to the truth that "Our God is greater. Our God is stronger. God you are higher than any other. Our God is healer. Awesome in power, our God, our God." That truth turned my day around.
I'm a big music person. When music is going I want to join it! I want to dance or sing or both. But there are some songs that fill me so much with truth that I can not even move. I can't sing it. I can't dance to it. I can only manage to be still and listen. It's those moments when I feel God singing over me. When I know there is something important to say. Whether it's that He loves me or that He is greater than my trails. He is stronger than my enemy. He is higher than any god I create in my heart. He is the healer of my broken heart. He is awesome in power over sin and death. He is my God!
When God pours those truths over me in song, I can only stand in awe.
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment