It's raining where I live. Has been for about 2 hours now. I love it!
I read a status one time that talked about how refreshing rain is. I don't remember her exact wording but I know it had something to do with rain cleaning the earth and leaving it fresh again.
How beautiful! The clouds roll in, the sky darkens as they hide the sun, and they open up into a beautiful rain fall. The dry earth soaks in the summer rain that it has been thirsty for. Soon the clouds leave and the sun returns. The birds come back out and begin to clean in the puddles. The grass loses a little of its brownness and green becomes visible. And though there is a more scientific explanation, it even smells a little cleaner too.
It reminds me of the times when God's love pours out on my life. Oh so many times I am so thirsty for it. My heart begins to turn from what I long for it to be. I desire so much for God to once again take His place as Lord, not consultant. My flesh wishes the clouds would go away, but my spirit longs for the cleansing they will bring. As God rains His presence and love into my life I can breath easily again. My heart softens to the things of the Lord. My flesh is silenced again. My soul is satisfied because I have allowed God to reign.
Holy Father, rain on my. As you have opened the sky to rain upon the earth, open my heart and rain on it. My soul longs for you. My life needs you more than anything. Cleanse my life and make it new. Leave my heart fresh with a new perspective. Satisfy my ache for you. I need you more than I often care to admit. I need your love more than I need the love of any father, mother, or friend. I could survive without them, but I could not go on without your love filling me. Reign in me Father. Be Lord of my life. I give it to you so that you may be glorified.
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment