CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Good News...and some changes...

Well this weekend was very exciting. We had 5 Parties to go to, 3 of them were with the same people...good thing I like them!!

So I have so super good news that I must share. I wanr you now you may not share so much of my enthusiasm, but I must share cuz it's exciting!! I think most of you know that I am taking the Ap European History class at school. It's taught by my Ap World History teacher whose class I hated. Back then (that was 2 years ago) all I could muster in her class was a C. I determined this year that before I graduate I would have a B in her class, and hopefully even an A. Yeah my dreams were big!! Well after the first six weeks I got my B. I had an 81!! I did it again the second time and got an 87! This time though I didn't get my B...I got a 91!!!!! I never failed a test, in fact I got a B on every test I took, except the final...I got a 90 on that!! I did really well and because of that my GPA should be going up.

Speaking of GPA someone asked me last night if I was experiencing senioritist. I told her I wasn't because I had a goal in mind...to graduate with a 3.7 GPA. Right now I only have a 3.68. Maybe, just maybe, my scores were good enough this round to stop my slow decline and move back up again. So I'm excited about that!!!

As for the second part of my title...I'm taking a chance here and hoping that no one from my church reads this regularly. My family and I are changing churches. We've been going to our old one for 12 years. I have grown up there and still love it. We've started attending this neat church with and awesome youth group that has really been kind to my sister and I. However many tears have been shed. I didn't want to leave, not now. In 8 months I moving out and that means moving to far away to come back every single Sunday to visit. But now as I'm making friends with the youth it's hitting me that when I move I will have more people to say goodbye to. And that makes me sick. My original plan was to continue going to my old church on Wednesday until graduation. But I'm beginning to wonder if God has other plans. Since Sunday morning I have felt no peace about going back. I thought of all the people I have to say bye to and cried. But I desire something this church has to offer...I'm not sure what it is. Right now my emotions are mixed with excitement and fear. I love the people and they make me feel so comfortable and I have actually had fun with them. Friday we went and played broomball...and it was liek I had a new chance. So many of the girls were like "hey you can actually play, I'm just moving around like a weirdo" With my other yg I never felt good enough. Sadly some of those feelings would like to follow me into this one, but they are proving much better company. I have been there for like 3 weeks and already trust the yp and have a few friends on facebook and even some phone numbers. It seems this may be the place God has for us...but do I go back? Or do I just stay in touch in other ways? IDK...but God does and I think he's reveling his answer in the pit of my stomach. Ok that it's. Please be praying for my family...we could really use it.

Quote: "In the meadow we can build a snowman, and pretend he is Charlie Brown..." "It's Parson Brown...how do you sing so many song wrong??" - Two of my amazing new friends as we spent time signing Christmas carols.

0 comments: