CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Hmm...so now I talk about me?!

Me. The one that sometimes I think about to much...and sometimes not enough. If I am scared of the reactions of people, I don't think about them. If I know they will gladly accept whatever I am giving or saying...I will do it in a heartbeat.

So with that introduction here's the reason. My mom got tagged by another friend to write a blog only about her then she so graciously passed it on to me. At the end I will tag others...just cuz.

To start off I am a dreamer. I dream of my future...whether it's 5 mins or 5 years...I dream of what my life could be like if I take one of several paths available to me. I dream of who I might marry, how many kids I might have, what school I'll be teaching at and what subject. I dream...of course having to remind myself that dreams don't usually turn out the way we want them to so focus on reality not dreams.

I am really a "goody-to-shoes" (I don't think that's how it's spelled but I've never seen it spelled before) I HATE being in trouble or making a mistake. This often causes problems. My fear of making mistakes often creates more. Which then causes me to get upset because I messed up. My teachers love me, I turn in almost all my work (some classes won't get an assignment or two) I currently have a 3.68 GPA and am looking at it possibly going up after this amazing semester I had. I am every one's model student...which can sometimes be a good thing cuz now I can get away with some stuff others can't even in their senior year.

I have struggled with fear all my life. I have been scared of people leaving me (finally been set free from that one and enjoying my relationships) I've been scared of not doing well on test, of not doing something correctly, and of MANY other things. I've had to learn to trust God and let him take care of it all. For he has not given me a spirit of fear...so why not let him handle it all.

As you may have figured out already I am a perfectionist with many OCD tendencies. I like when things are in their place, I do many things the EXACT same way otherwise I will feel like I have forgotten a step. I walk out the doors at school the same way...down the same staircase. If something gets messed up I have to go back and start over (only exception is school when we have a time limit) I never take test out of order (unless I look ahead and know the answer and that if I wait I will forget) My friends often let me know how wacky I am!!

I LOVE music. I sing in choir at school and we just finished an amazing concert on Friday (which I'm still trying to figure out how to get our Mozart movement on here for you guys to listen to) Everyday I have to start with music. I often pick up lyrics very quickly and love to sing along to songs I know (or don't so well) Because of this I have to be VERY careful what I listen to. I can't just listen to a song for the beat because I will sing the words no matter what they say even if it is accidental it's part of who I am. So I do listen to Christan music about 95% of the time. Which may get funny looks from school but I learned my junior year that it just doesn't matter (now half the school knows cuz they just keep asking)

Alright now for my favorite things:

Bands: Way to many to list here. However if you consult the music player at the bottom of my blog you will get somewhat of an idea.

Books/Authors: My absolute fave author is Francine Rivers. You can read a review of one of her books about three blogs down. And again see the bottom of my blog for this list.

Movies: The Sound of Music, Transformers, Fireproof, Facing the Giants, Sweet Home Alabama, Elizabethtown, Music and Lyrics (and oh so many others)

Foods: Chicken and Rice (made my mom's way) Pizza, My friends Flautas, and now my minds has gone blank of foods I like to eat.

TV Shows: Wipeout, American Gladiators, Amazing Race, Eli Stone, Knight Rider

Sports: Basketball. I actually played for 8 years. Until God asked me to quite this year...but we'll see if he opens the door to intramural play in college.

Animals: Dolphins and Dogs. I actually have a dog (Sasha) who will one day move out with me...she is fully mine and I love her to pieces!!

Color: Purple...my whole room is purple

Genre of Music: Worship or Rock (and at this time of year Christmas...I'm actually listening to some right now!!)

Subjects: Chemistry, European History, and Choir

Quotes: This list could go on forever...just check out every blog I've written before. I love quotes...they are often so timely and come from all over: songs, camp speakers, etc.

So that's the end of me I guess. Of course ask me again in like a year and some of it may change. Especially considering that I'll be going into college next year. So now it's my turn to tag others. So here's the list...Spring Fricks, Casey and really those are all my friends with blogs so I guess those two will have to do.

Quote: "Healing takes longer if you don't reach out even in the midst of your hurt." - Rev. Spike from Youth America

1 comments:

Spring M Fricks said...

That's scary. You could be my clone. I have had horrible almost debilitating problems with fear. I had to completely sell out to God with everything and he delivered me so I know where you are coming from. That's a great testimony to have and one day you will use it to help someone else.