So much has happened in the last few weeks. It's almost insane and makes going back to school not sound like fun. I've enjoyed my time off going to youth group parties getting to know new people and spending time just chillin without homework to do or test to worry about. But I only have one semester left...which is just CRAZY!! Anyway back to the action of this week!
I have been looking for a job since June or July I don't remember when I started really putting applications out there. I went the whole summer and never found anything, I looked through school and made changes to my semester schedule to prepare for having a job and trying to keep my grades up. I put in about 17 applications and only had 4 interviews. I was feeling very disappointed and began to think that maybe God had a different idea. So after the break began I gave up my search. I told God that his will had to be done even though right now I didn't understand it. I told him I understood if he didn't want me to have a job; I would survive and would find a way to pay for the coming months of college applications and tuition. I was a little saddened because I haven't been able to keep my dog's teeth clean and nails clipped, or get anyone anything for Christmas. But I gave it up anyway, I knew God had a plan and it would all work out.
Well Christmas came and went and I enjoyed the time spent with my family. Then on Friday I was reading a book my grandparents got me and my cell phone rang. I looked at it expecting it to be a friend (maybe although none of them call much) but instead it was a number I didn't recognize. I heard this voice in my head telling me to answer. So I did and it turned out to be Build-a-Bear Workshop calling about an application I put in like 2 weeks ago! They set me up for a group interview on Monday. I went and had lots of fun (although there was only like one other person) and an hour and a half later I got another call. It was the manager calling to set up another interview for the next day. So yesterday I went in and had my interview and took this test they take (one girl called it the crazy test) it basically just makes sure you're not going to do anything that could cause major problems. I left with the promise that I would know by about 3 in the afternoon.
In my excitment I called some friends and only one answered. A new friend at the new church and we went and saw a movie. My mom had sent me a text to tell me they had called and I needed to call them back. Alright so now I have to do what I absolutly hate...call someone I don't know well. So my friend keeps trying to convince me to call and keeps encouraging me (although I think she just wanted to know so badly she wanted to be there :) Finally sitting in the car outside my house I called. I was shaking and thought I was going to be sick. She waited in silence as I called and waited for the answer. The AM answered and told me that I had the job and would start tomorrow (now today!!!) So at 1 pm I will start my new job after months of searching!! My friend and I had our own little party and then went shopping for my new work clothes! It's very exciting and they are giving me time to go to church on Sunday and Wednesday and working around my choir schdeule and when I leave for college will keep me a place open for holidays and summer!!! It is really the job God had for me and I couldn't have asked for a better one!! I'm super excited and so thankful!
So really the new year for me is truely a new chance. A new church, a new job, and a new semester. This is my chance to try again and hopefully not end up the way I did last time, be more willing to accept the love others offer, but not forget to offer my love to others as well. Well I go to work in like 2 hours (still to far away I'm so excited) and I should be getting off of here. Thanks to you all!!
Quote: "Anger gets you no where, but stressed" - My sis says no one said it before...but I doubt that...if it's true though then I said it!!
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment