Last week on my Late Night Thoughts post I talked about the book Plan B written by Pete Wilson, a pastor in Tennessee.
Well there was another book writer interviewing at the recording my mom and I attended, Lysa TerKeurst. She has written a book called Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl. I just finished chapter 6 and it seems like each day she gets a little closer to what I'm feeling and dealing with. Like today, it was about waiting. Ummm hello!
Now you can check out those people and books for yourself! (And if I didn't want you to, this blog would be shorter!)
What I really want to talk about is Psalm 86:11.
Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name.
One of the things I thought about when I read this was the catch phrase was "What Would Jesus Do?" that became so popular in the '90s. There were T-shirts, bracelets, and books all based on this one question. I never fully saw the truth in the statement. It was just a thing, like everything else about my Christianity was at that time. I didn't stop and think before acting, it didn't define my way of thinking. It was just a phrase that had no meaning.
I see it again, only this time it is buried in the love letter written to me begging me to unearth it and see it's truth. "Teach me your way..." reminds me a lot of "What Would Jesus Do?" I often don't know what to do in situations. In fact just a couple days ago an issue arose that I'm not really sure how to handle. I found myself praying and half jokingly saying, "Jesus, what would you do if Thomas did this?"
I'm not sure how He will teach me. I'm sure it won't be the educational way where I get to raise my hand when I have a question. It could be a little while too...I mean you don't graduate from school after Kindergarten. But I'm waiting and resting and continually seeking His wisdom and grace. He will show me whatever needs to be revealed in this situation when my heart is prepared for His truth to fully sink in.
So when life gets sticky and you can't seem to handle situations, or you just don't want to, ask God to teach you His way. Seek Him out, not because He is hiding, but because you will get what you ask for!
Our God is good!! :)
Monday, March 22, 2010
What if Thomas did this?
Written By: Lady in Waiting at Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment