CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sustained

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me." Psalms 3:5

This verse is like the verse for the month. Recently I have been a part of some very difficult things going on. The struggles others have brought upon themselves, or people have dealt to them, have caused a great struggle within me.

Yesterday morning I woke up pretty much already in a bad mood. My hormones were raging, the child we babysit was screaming, I had to go to work, and my physical body was just tired.

My friend had texted me earlier about the weekly Bible study that I go to at her house. I knew I needed to reply, and I knew I needed to go. But I didn't feel like it.

I did text her back, but it just said "I should be there tonight." (which btw is not a normal reply.)

And oh gotta love friends that care, she texted me back asking if everything was alright. I told her pretty much exactly what I mentioned above and then decided I should pick up my Bible. That's when I found that verse, tucked away in the corner, but already neatly underlined.

The rest of my day was peaceful! I wasn't worried about work drama, or family problems, or friend struggles...the Lord was sustaining me. That was all I needed! I honestly can't imagine going through yesterday with my own strength. I probably would have crawled back in bed, hid my head under the covers, and wished the day away.

But instead I had an almighty God, who loves me dearly, carry me through. I faced the day with His strength, and I did make it to Bible study, with a smile on my face!

So today, if you read this, you need this. The Lord sustains you, walk in His peace.

Love you guys! :)

1 comments:

Grant Jenkins said...

Found you through your comment on Pete Wilson's blog. This is one of my favorite verses. Great post. Thank you for the reminder and encouragement. God bless you.