CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ever had one of those days...

When you just can't read your Bible?

I have on many occasions.

I just started being disciplined in spending time with God a little over a year ago. I'm not sure what clicked in my brain after many failed attempts, but something turned on and other than a couple weeks here and there my quiet times have been nearly a necessary daily thing.

But there are many times (especially recently) when I just can't read anything. I've had such a tough day that verses I have memorized have coursed through my head since I awoke and the thought of reading more just does not appeal.

I know there are times when I open it up, look down, read a sentence, and close my Bible instantly.

This is not bad and might even be healthy. In those times I sit in silence just asking for some comfort. Or I pray, hoping I will find peace just by speaking the words of truth I know.

But there are some days that I just need a visual truth from my Daddy. I need to read it. If I don't read it my day just won't be right. So I pray and open up and there are mornings like this one that I am astounded by what is revealed.

O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress. Isaiah 33:2

So fitting. The timing, so perfect. Especially considering that the last few weeks have been one of those days when I just can not read it. I just need His presence. And today when I needed it most, it was waiting for me.

Don't get frustrated in the days you can not read. Rest in His peace and when the timing is perfect, if you ask, He will give you the most beautiful piece of truth written for you to read in that letter full of love and grace.

0 comments: