I have come to the realization that I can not understand God's ways. Even His word tells me that, His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:9). I can't understand Him because it is out of my league to comprehend what is really going on!
I think this is why we are encouraged to have faith like a child. A young child questions the world around them, but respects the answer they receive from those they trust. Of course this is in general and usually is only true for answers not involving the word 'no', but that's off topic!
Think about it though, children are serious about the answers their parents give them. If dad says the sky is blue because it's made of water (no I was never told that), they will defend that belief when another child, or even adult, tries to say otherwise.
So often I find myself frustrated at the answers God gives me to my life questions.
Why am I still living at home?
Why did you ever take all my friends away?
Why can't I have this?
Why am I going through this now, on top of everything else?
Why do I have to run and lift weights? (ok so not always deep life questions)
Honestly, these are things I often don't understand. If it had been my choice and gone my way I would not be enduring most of the things I am right now. But God's ways are higher than my ways, and His plan is perfect. When I submit and accept the answer He gives me, even if it's no or wait, I find more joy in the outcome than frustration because I'm watching my hard work crumble!
Having faith like a child. Accepting what Dad says, and trusting that He is always right. Not like the way our earthly fathers try to be. No, He really is!! And that comforts me. That makes me want to trust Him. And honestly it even makes me desire to accept His answers, but my flesh gets caught sometimes on the answer I want!
Again I say, if you read this, you need this. Trust Him.
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment