In December I made the decision to send in my application to Christ for the Nations Institute. I had been praying about it for months, and every road I tried to head down led me back to CFNI. So I determined that for some reason God really wanted me to go ahead and turn it in. By mid-January I had it all completed and sent it. In February I went to their Campus Days event and found out I needed to send in one last thing, a copy of my passport because I was born overseas.
Then the painful journey of waiting began. There were many nights when things were just not going right and I would lay in bed crying asking God for anything solid! I wanted answers. I wanted something guaranteed. I began to remember He is the only guarantee and my spirit was comforted and the tears stopped. But waiting was such a learning period.
In my waiting I found God. I found Him in hopeless situations. I found Him in the things falling apart around me. I found Him in friendships and in my struggles with them. As I relied on God to work out this detail of college, I found myself relying on Him through everything else.
Well my wait for my phone call is over.
They called me on Tuesday.
I have been accepted!
When he told me, it was a strange feeling. I mean there was no opening of the skies with angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus, but it was almost surreal. You know when you just get used to something and then someone shows you it really is different, that's close to how I felt. I was so used to waiting, that once I knew my answer it felt unreal.
Now I can hear God reminding me to keep Him in control of the details. He knows how I'm going to pay for it. He knows where I will live and who it will be with. He knows, and He has the perfect way to show me. It's my job to wait.
Haha so while I have my answer, the journey is JUST beginning! And I am so excited!
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




1 comments:
I'm so excited for you, too!!! However, I will admit to being a bit apprehensive...I'm really not sure what life will look like past August! So thankful that God does have it all under control!!!
Can I say "I love you" on here??
Post a Comment