CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Friends and Family

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13

This verse has really set the stage for my reaction to things in the last 2 months.

Honestly, this verse has made it possible for me to really mean it when I tell a friend I will always be there for them. I am willing to stick it out through just about anything, because I know that God commands me to. In fact I am thankful for the things that have happened as everything has kinda just gone wrong. I've able to put what I've been learning into action and just be a friend.

That does not mean it has been easy. No, my heart aches a little, but being a friend is surviving the heart ache because you love them. As I said to a friend the other day, "there is nothing you can do to me that God can't help me heal from." Total truth. Friends might, and usually will, fail you. They will never meet your expectations. But bearing with them and forgiving them, could set the stage for the rest of your friendships.

Now I'm not saying you should do whatever you can to the point of hurting yourself to keep a friend. Sometimes God releases us from situations and we have to remove our friendship. That does not mean you don't have to forgive them, just stop pouring your life into them so you can heal.

In general though, bear with people. They make mistakes, they forget about you, you become unimportant to them. But if in all your praying and seeking guidance in your relationship you have not felt God release you from a relationship, do not let go! God has plan for you in the struggle of being a good friend.

Watching God work in the hurt is a beautiful thing!

0 comments: