CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A New Chance...

So I have completed my first and second days of school and only have 178 days left before I graduate. Slowly but surely the idea of graduating is warming up. All of my friends have been talking and planning and I'm catching the fire. Most of my classes are easy and promise to never or rarely give homework. However my one Ap class of course it's a guarantee.

On another note there is a club at my school called NGSTRONG. It's a christian club that because of basketball and choir I never attended until last year when my ex-boyfriend talked me into going. By the end of the year I was really enjoying it and having fun with the people even though many of them graduated last year there are a few returning. Anyway at the end of the year they had an opportunity for people to sign up to be an officer of this club. Well one of the sponsors called me yesterday and informed me that I get to be the president!! So basically this means all the organizing and stuff like that falls to me. I run the Bibe study we have weekly and any ideas I have get to be presented. So I'm excited but kinda freaking out as well. With Ap and of course all the rest of my classes, plus choir pracitce and the absolute need to get a job...this is just one more thing added to my list. However I know God and I know that he will allow things to happen as he sees fit for the betterment (is that a word?) of my life.

So with all this I have a new chance. Chances I didn't have before. Being in senior classes (OMg) the teachers are more interactive with the students and the classes more open. Discussion is a big form of learning in these classes. Which for me means that I have the chance to shine my light and find ways to get people to join NGSTRONG with my creativity and love for God. I'm excited...but of course always never losing sight of my future. God's bringing answers and clarity and has just given me such a peace about so many things.

Anyway I'll stop blabbing now!!

Quote: "Stop lying to yourself!! You are a child of God!" - Pastor Joe

0 comments: