So this is the first of 6 blogs that will go throughout my week of camp! It begins with Sunday and will end with Friday (today). Each day something amazing happened and God moved in my life. My goal is to share this with you and maybe be able to speak into your life with every God has done in me just this week!! I will be writing it as if it is the actual day. I'll be using words in the present tense because I have it written down and it's hard ot change every word to the past so I'm being lazy sorry!
So today we got a head start at camp. Right now we are the only youth group here! It's very different without all the other people...but still lots of fun! We arrived just before 6 pm...which means we got to attend their Sunday night service. It was AMAZING!! It was just like being at camp...only the crowd was older. The front was full of old and young alike...which was really cool to see. Every time I've seen it, it's all be youth at camp! Then a guy talked about relationship, leadership, and even pain. It really spoke to me. It reminded me what my forgiveness for those that hurt me really means! Joseph wept for joy when he saw his brothers again. His response to their apology was "God used you to put me in the pit in order to preserve life." He talked about how both God and Satan use relationships to route or reroute us. So many times I can see in my life how both have used people to influence me. I now realize that I have a choice in how I handle things. I can become better...or I can become bitter...it's my choice.
After service we got to set up for the week we've all been waiting for! We had to set up chairs, fix them, fix again, fix again, fix again, and yet again. It went this was for most of the night til we finally got it right! But we met so super cool people! Hannah, Cameron, Leah...those are the three I worked with the most...I forget the rest of their names! It was fun though and really neat to get there early! I love it!!
Quote: "Those we avoid most are the ones that often know us best" - Elijah Tindale (Youth America Speaker)
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment