CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

SAT Scores...

So it occurred to me tonight that I haven't let you guys know about my SAT Scores. They were out online by June 26 and I got my paper ones in the mail today. The SAT is now scored out of 2400 with the essay. The highest you can get on each section is 800 points. So here's my score break down.

Critical Reading: 560 - 69th percentile (% people I scored higher than)
Mathematics: 480 - 37th percentile (not my strongest subject as you can tell)
Writing: 520 - 56th percentile
Essay: 6 out of a possible 12
Total: 1560

So basically I'm close to average. My math kills me even on the TAKS test (thank you God that I'm done with that!) and the SAT was no different. If I retake it, it will only be to make my math score higher. However, these scores are good enough to get me into college pretty easily...at least the ones I'm looking at getting into. I'm pretty satisfied, even though they aren't perfect dang! Really though it was hard. I think I did badly only because I got so tired so quickly. I mean we took this test for 5 hours and only had a total of 10 minutes for breaks. I had to get up at 6 in the morning to travel for an hour t osit for nearly another hour to take a 5 hour test. By the end of the day my nerves were shot. It doesn't help that I stress over test. I HATE them. I think they are a curse upon people. I understand the need for them, but that doesn't make me like them! You can ask my chemistry teacher, I almost got sick one day before my semester exam for my Ap World History class. I stress so much about them it's crazy!! I know it's something I need to learn to just give to God and let him have control of even my test. Kinda strange to think that he cares about me enough to even care about my test!!

On another note, today we celebrated the birthday of the mother of the wife of my grandfather's brother...figure that one out!! Basically I'm not really related to her in anyway except by the marriage of her daughter to my grandfather's brother who died 4 years ago...hard to believe it's been that long. Even though I'm not related to her she's still family to me. So anyway she turned 90 yesterday so we had a big party for her and everything. It was fun...this is the side of the family I'm actually able to enjoy. I still have my moments when I feel so very out of place. I'm the oldest of all the great-grandchildren on that side. Which makes me special, yet when the next are 3 and 5 years younger than me followed by 11 years...it kinda makes things awkward. But I still have fun with them despite it all. We played rock band, and surprisingly the times when they had me sing, i didn't fail. Even though I didn't know any of the songs on there!!

Well I would give more detail, but today is now yesterday making tomorrow today and yesterday 2 days ago...have I confused anyone yet? I love midnight!! I love my brain, thank you God for my wacky brain!! Plus I'm excited about church tomorrow...oh wait that's today! And I have to be able to wake up! Catch ya later!

Quote: "And I'm here to stay. Nothing can seperate us. And I know I'm ok. You craddle me gently. Wrapped in your arms I'm home."
- Fireflight (Wrapped In Your Arms) LOVE THAT SONG!!!

0 comments: