Well I'm now 18 and 3 days old. I had my party yesterday...which I'll tell you about before getting into the depth of my reason for this blog. It was sooooo much fun. My grandparents, aunt and her boyfriend, my cousin, 3 friends from church, and my chemistry teacher all came to help me celebrate. It was by far the best party I've had in my life!! I actually had fun for the first time since I was 9 (at a party anyway). Every year since then either no one has showed up or someone always created major drama. I can't stand drama and this always ruined my party...every year. But last night I realized that the people there were really people that cared. Their gifts showed that they knew me who I was and what I liked. They also kinda showed our relationship with each other was. Two of my younger friends from church got me some candy (the kinds I like), a pack of gum (my fave kind), body wash and lotion, and a purple photo album. This was a fun gift, but the card had it's serious moment talking about all the things we have been through the years we have known each other and how much they still love me for it all. That's how we are, always sharing a good laugh, but if someone needs us we are there ready to help when needed! My chem. teacher got me hydrophobic sand (it is insoluble in water - won't mix with it), faux snow, silly string, and an amethyst crystal growing kit. We are always talking about crazy stuff, she herself is insane, but in the best way possible. We do have our serious moments and she is someone I can always talk to when I need to, but for the most part she never fails to make me laugh. My cousin got me a movie and popcorn. She loves movies and most of the time we talk about this aspect of our life. My favorite though came from another friend at church. She got me a purple picture frame, and a beautiful charm bracelet. The charms she put on there are a "C", a basketball, a dolphin, a cross, and a treble clef. These are all important aspects of my life. I love to play basketball, my fave animal is dolphin, I am a Christian, and I love to sing (plus I'm in choir). If she doesn't know me and who I am...who does (other than the obvious God and my family). Once the food was eaten, the gifts opened, and a few people had to leave we broke out Taboo...such a fun game. My team lost by one...oh well it was fun so it doesn't matter! So in all of that, no drama, no tears, only laughs and lots of memories...God answered my prayer!!
So that was my party, but about my "new life" as an adult. Nothing really has changed. I'm still me, I'm still living life, and learning to make the most of it. I'm more in love with God today than I was yesterday...and if anything has changed it;s the fact that suddenly I desired to lean on god so much more than I have in the past. I've spent hours this week just singing to him and wanting to be near him. I'm learning how to view him as a father which I need to learn before I go off to college and don't see my dad as much as I do now. I get to vote this year, not sure for whom, but that is something i have to research and do lots of praying about!! Well not much to say as far as now being an adult, haven't really been out enough to exercise it. Although we did joke about how I went out got a tattoo, bought some cigarettes, and a lottery ticket just cuz I could...oh that got lots of laughs!!! I can hear the jokes now when I turn 21...good thing they'll just be jokes!! Oh well you guys have an amazing rest of the day whenever you read this. I hope that this blog has helped you maybe grow in God a little, maybe inspired you, or maybe just touched your heart. Maybe you've learned with me that friendship isn't something you take for granted, it's something you cherish and don't let go of unless God asks you to. Love you all even if I have no idea who you are...and hey throw in a comment sometime, I'd love to hear from the ones who actually take time to read all this!!
Quote: "And I'm here to stay, nothing can separate us. And I know I'm ok, you cradle me gently wrapped in your arms I'm home."
- Fireflight (Wrapped in Your Arms)
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




2 comments:
Happy late Birthday!!! I'm so glad that God answered your prayers for a GREAT birthday party! That is SOO awesome.
18 is FUN, your first few years as an adult bring some very great experiences and I'm so glad that you are drawing closer and closer to God! Keep holding onto Him girl because times get rough, it's the enemy, hold onto God and you will be blessed beyond your wildest dreams.
I am praying that God continues to prepare you for the plans He has for you and that in His perfect timing that He will reveal His will for you life.
Love you. *hugs*
Hey you! That sounds awesome!I'm happy you had fun. and again, Happy Birthday! next time, remind me PLEASE! :) but I understand what u said in the email, i will email you back later... gotta do pigs before youth group... talk to you soon! Kadee
Post a Comment