Ok well the title gives it away!! Our church had our first day of VBS today!! It's always fun and it's one week that I can again be a kid and not have to worry what people think of me dancing like a white girl, screaming about nothing, acting just plain stupid sometimes all in the name of spreading the Gospel. We sing the songs and I get soooo into it...although I usually do in worship and this week I make sure to kick it up even higher so the kids can see that I love God and that I'm not to cool to be part of His crew!! I'm what they call a crew leader. I spend all week with the same kids (sometimes it grows as more come) and take them to each of the four classes. I've done it since we started this at the end of my 6th grade year. It was my most interesting because I was only 13 and had 14 kids of varying ages. I loved it though and the lady who is in charge of it all knows exactly where I want to be and makes sure I'm one of the first on the list. i never have to ask what can I do, she asks me "You're going to be a crew leader again for me this year right?" And of course I always am!! I enjoy it...no I love it!! It's the one time I feel like I'm making a difference!!
However this year...it's a little tough. My crew...they are boring!! I have one girl who gets into it all and I enjoy her she makes it easy!! I have 3 who don't really do anything and it's hard to motivate them to do the motions to the songs and get involved. I have 2 girls who are loud and just talk all the time and try to hurt each other or other crew members. So it's hard to be the crazy 18 year old (ok in two days!) with 10-11 year olds acting older than me because of whatever reason. So just pray that God would give me patience to work with them and help them enjoy what we are doing this week! I want them to be as excited about all of this as I am...although I guess it's easy for me because I'm excited about God and all he has done in my life and all I know he can do in theirs!! Pray that these last 3 days would go smoothly and we would gain more people and these children's hearts, minds, and ears would be opened to hear what God is speaking to them even at this young age when their hearts are still pliable (well it's easier anyway).
Quote: "Jesus loves me this I know. For the bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong."
- I don't know who wrote that song
A 5-Day Devotional Just For You!
1 year ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment